Saturday, March 31, 2012

A whole lot of nuthin' goin' on

Yesterday was a "catch up" day - spent a lot of time updating my Squidoo articles since I've been woefully lacking in this area. Woke up to 12 sales this morning so something is working. I sold a $3500 camera body off of my Senior Citizen Gift Ideas article the other day - that's a cool $140 in commission or so. The internet is just full of free money, and I'm trying to explore other ways to grab some.

So, I spent yesterday taking 3 nice walks with the dogs. The morning walk was though Bahama Village, one of the original areas of Key West. I actually think Bahama Village has gotten a bum rap as being a tougher neighborhood. I walk through very confidently with Killian by my side and stop to talk to everyone who beckons me. People on that side of the tracks are very nice and real. It's more of the locals who live in Bahama Village, many in the original conch houses that were built elsewhere and shipped to and assembled on a foundation here in Key West.

Two tired dogs
The structure in the picture is an old church in Bahama Village, right across the street from The Hemingway House. I thought it was beautiful.

The pool was next up for an hour or so. I'm trying to lay low with the tanning thing but it's difficult not to get tan in Key West. I am covering up every inch of my body with strong SPF so hopefully that will protect me enough.

Walk #2 included Killian walking to get some fresh seafood. Snagged a pound of the best grouper I've ever had and a pound of large pink shrimp which I wrapped in bacon (heads and all) and cooked up for dinner on the grill. Delicious.

Wasn't planning on walk #3 but, at 10:30 pm, wasn't quite tired yet so took the dogs just around a few blocks. They gain many accolades from the folks on the street, making it sort of difficult to get up a decent speed on a walk. But, it's fun to stop and talk to everyone.

Not sure what today will bring but I'm feeling the beach. I might take the jet ski out to the sand bar and just hang around out there today. We shall see. Stay tuned.
On the grill

And, on my plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment