Friday, March 16, 2012

Dolphin HO!

We headed out of Savannah around 9 this morning for the drive to, we thought, Ft. Lauderdale. Savannah is so picturesque, we couldn't resist stopping the car on the side of a road and walking briefly through a park. Beautiful trees, azaleas, people with dogs abounded. After snapping a few shots, we headed to where my Pilot's GPS told me to go - we thought. After making 3 swipes around the block (ostensibly killing time until one of us could figure out how to get on the freeway), we turned the Pilot, jet ski, us and the dogs south on 95 toward the Keys.

Since John did such a good job yesterday finding us that hotel in Atlanta, I called my "consierge" again today to hook us up with a beach front hotel in Lauderdale by the Sea. More difficult than one might think while expecting to room with 2 4-legged companions. While we were mulling what to do, one of us (I think it was me....) came up with the rather brilliant solution of not staying there! Duh! I'm still not used to having all this freedom. Anyway, we had John check the upper keys and, well, here we sit in a hotel smack dab on the Gulf!

The hotel is about what you'd expect for the Keys - laid back, clean enough but certainly not anywhere near fancy. In fact, if you were picky, it's not the spot for you (poor you). You'd miss a pretty good time. The sign in the lobby said it all:



We spent a few hours in the tiki bar listening to accoustic guitar, eating shrimp and fish dip. How amazing was that?! The dogs were very well behaved, and I gave Killian a little tune up in obedience. He's doing so very well - more like the Killian of old. He's very attentive to both Sharyn and I and rarely strays or pulls on his lead. Bobo is another issue....

The day was just totally topped by the fact that we've been watching dolphins feed right off the shore for the last few hours. I've tried to get some decent shots and hope to get many more before my 6 weeks in Key West are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment