Friday, March 30, 2012

Doggone tired!

It's not only the drunks on Duval Street who come home and pass out - it's the dogs too! I took the dogs for a long walk last night and came home to find them both passed out in about 5 minutes. Killian was reluctant to even wake up to come to bed 4 hours later. Nice to see him so pooped. He's doing well here - training is going pretty well, considering I still haven't managed to hook up with a professional dog trainer. Turns out I know a thing or two about training myself and actually have been implementing what I have learned over the years. He's still dog aggressive but that too will end. Next Wednesday, we plan on attending a dog class over at the soccer field. There's 5 other dogs who form a cohesive group so he'll be odd man out which is just what he needs.

Smathers Beach in panorama view from my Sony camera

Yesterday was my first official day in Key West all on my own. A very strange feeling considering I haven't been alone for a week in, oh, about 20 years. I was a bit out of sorts for the first part of the day and did a lot of thinking while sitting on the beach. Spent a lot of time snapping pics with my Sony underwater camera which I love. Here's an article I wrote on Squidoo about the camera (will be updating it later today with more pictures): My personal review of the Sony DSC-TX10 Underwater Camera. Mostly thinking about a job! I need to update my resume, which, of course, I don't have with me at the moment and get it circulating. Not sure yet what I want to be when I grow up but, for starters, I suppose I'll head back to Clinical Trials as I've always enjoyed the work. I love working with clinical trial data - making it stronger and cleaner so trials pass the FDA. We shall see. Perhaps I'll become a professional dog trainer instead!

After the beach, I stopped at the Key West grocery only to find that I'd left my credit cards at home and had limited cash. I'm used to just charging everything so it was a very interesting experience to have to watch prices. Boy, do I have sticker shock down here in Key West! First off, things are at least 30% more expensive than in DC and, second off, the selection leaves something to be desired. I'm actually ordering quite a few supplies off Amazon as I have Amazon Prime (free shipping) so it makes sense.

After shopping a bit and picking up some fresh veggies, I came home and hit the pool for just a quick float and some reading on the Kindle. Not sure I'm 100% sold on the Kindle Touch although I do like it. Somehow though, I keep forwarding past where I'd been reading just by picking the thing up and then I can't quite figure out how to get back! Eh, I suppose a quick looksie on the computer will give me the answer.

Dinner was prepared on the grill and I had two very willing dining companions - the dogs roused themselves for a few hand outs.

I've been back to writing a few articles while here. I had slowed up considerably in the months before Mom died as I just didn't have the interest, time or energy. Some of that is coming back, thankfully. Here they are:

Sport fishing on a charter boat - 5 things to remember

Key West Cars - this one is fun

Using the Instant Fisherman Fishing Pole - here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Not sure what today will bring. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what I manage to get into!


No comments:

Post a Comment