Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bahama Village stroll


Got up early yesterday (and today!) and strolled up Duval to the Atlantic side to watch the sunrise. With a cup of hot coffee in my hand and two fairly obedient dogs by my side, I sat on a chair on the beach and watched the sunrise. It was truly awe inspiring. 

And, my "awe" moments continued when I went to the grocery store to stock the house up with staples and some fresh vegetables. It's very very expensive down here but, I knew that and it is what it is. I often wonder though how the waiters make it on tips. I tend to tip more than 20% while here as I'm a fan of spreading the wealth and they certainly need it. Housing is ridiculously expensive. I bought the local paper and was perusing the ads yesterday - there's one ROOM to be rented right over a storefront on Duval for $1,000 a month! WHAT?

Anyway, later yesterday, I took a wander with Killian through Bahama Village - one of the oldest sections of Key West. A lot of the houses are "Conch style" and were physically built in the Bahamas and then shipped to Key West for permanent inclusion into the colorful history of the island.

Afternoon found Sharyn and I floating in the pool, reading books, and chatting about nothing in particular and everything in general.

Evening found us watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn in my lap. How perfect a way to spend an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment