Friday, April 6, 2012

John took one for the team yesterday...

My darling boyfriend was coming to Paradise for 6 wonderful days - make that 5 wonderful days. He called me from the airport in DC yesterday and wanted to let me know that he could get 2 (TWO) international roundtrip tickets for giving up his seat to Key West. So, that's what he did. Not only did he get us the tickets (Dominica Republic anyone?) but they upgraded him today to business class, gave him a hotel room and a voucher for lunch. Not too bad. He's here in 3 hours and I have a lot to do so this post will be quick.

Yesterday marked the 5 year mark from when Dad left this earth; that doesn't mean, though, that he's not still present. He's with me every single day but more so yesterday when I donned his blue hat to wear at the pool but it sure looks better on John and Dad. It certainly doesn't look as dapper on me as it did on him but it shaded me from the sun's hot rays and I knew he would have approved at my afternoon agenda - riding the bike to get shrimp, sitting by the pool, chatting with new friends, and taking Killian to a training class with Key West locals. I had his favorite breakfast - toast, cheese and pickles as documented here:

Off now to get cleaned up, get over to the jet ski and grab some items so we can pack for the sand bar tomorrow, grocery store, and then off to the airport to get John. Can't wait. We have 5 days in Paradise coming up. Stay tuned to see what we get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment